Digital Decluttering – Part 3

So this week I’ve removed 1705 emails and 2 folders in email.

Total removed since I began this challenge:  2948 digital emails, contacts, and folders!!

This exceeds my goal of 2018! (and to think I thought I wouldn’t have 2018 emails to remove hahahaha)

Now to finish cleaning the email without counting.

This week’s summary:
1/25 – 1 email folder and 199 emails.

1/26 – 100 emails

1/27 – 1 email folder, 203 emails

1/28 – 1203 emails

Advertisements

Digital Decluttering -Part 2

I’ve been trying to declutter email a little bit each evening.  Here are the numbers since the last report.

contacts removed: 17 + 2 = 19

emails removed:  78 + 308 + 78 + 391 + 195 = 1050

files removed:  4

account removed from devices:  2

Removed this week:  1075

GRAND TOTAL REMOVED:  1241 items!!

Daily summary:
1/17 closed an old email account and removed it from 2 devices, removed 78 emails

1/18 declutter dropbox account – removed 4 files, declutter email account for dropbox – remove 308 emails

1/20 continue contact decluttering – 17 contacts removed and 78 emails removed. (weird, it was 78 a couple of days ago!)

1/21 different email account contacts decluttered – 2 contacts removed and 391 emails removed (working from oldest to newest, currently at Jan 2015)

1/22 finished email decluttering of one account – 195 emails removed

NEXT UP – declutter my primary email account, why do I have so many different email accounts????

 

Decluttering the Digital Contacts

I have joined Anne at Minimalist Sometimes and decided to do a count of the digital clutter I remove this year from my desktop, laptop, ipad, and phone.

Tonight I spent about an hour going through my contacts for one email account – 44 contacts removed and 122 emails removed while trying to figure out who the email address belongs to.   I was able to put a name with many of the email addresses as well.

I made it to the K’s tonight.  Feeling so much “lighter” and organized!

July(ish) Challenge – Day 13

Actual items out of the house/premise today = 0

But we accomplished so much!

Barb spent the day organizing and purging her work portable hard drive.  Today she started with about 46 GB worth of files (this is when she decided to look about noon).  No idea how many actual files, probably over 30,000.  By the end of the day, there were 25.1 GB and 14,356 files.  Many of those were duplicates.

John spent the day fixing the sprinkler system.  About a month ago, kiddo #2 was home alone and heard a weird clunking noise in the bathroom.  When she walked around the house to investigate, there was water all over the patio.  John thought he fixed is a couple of weeks ago, but when he turned on the water, it obviously wasn’t.  We must have had a pressure surge because 3 pipes had cracked/burst at the same time.  Today was spent finding and fixing the other 2.

Total for the challenge = 240 items + a bunch of digital files!

Daily Average = 18.46 items per day.  We definitely need to remove some items tomorrow!